Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Like peas and car-rots

You see that handsome devil that I'm holding hands with in the pic?  That's my better half, Lenny (aka-Leh-nard, aka-Shriz, aka- Monkey :)  We have been together for about sixty-five thirteen years, and he's the love of my life.  There are parts of us that are so similar that it's creepy (but that can be a post for another day), but the fact of the matter is, I find him absolutely hi-larious, and he accepts my corniness and sass.  While he humors me by answering my random questions like, "If you had the choice between being an eagle or a flamingo, which one would you be?", or, "If you could either have horns like a ram, or a tail like a tiger, which extra appendage would you prefer?",  he is equally ridiculous by singing about peanut butter sandwiches, in the dead of the night, or trying to figure out a way that we could get a pair of mini pigs. In other words, when it comes to being random (aka-awesome), we are even steven.  We also have a quirk that has become much more frequent as we get older.  Without fail, and I mean EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. we leave a department store/grocery store, or anywhere that we have parked the car, we have this conversation.  Verbatim.  Lenny: Do you remember where we parked the car?  Kristina: Not a clue.  So,  needless to say I'm looking forward to the next handful of decades where Lenny and I can wander around a parking lot trying to figure out where in the world we parked the car. So, if in say sixty-five years you're leaving a department store and you hear an old lady wearing a crocheted vest with bells, ask her old husband who is wearing a faded 'Three Man Wolf Pack' tee-shirt with suspenders, if he would rather have wings or duck feet, it'll probably be us.  Just be a pal and point us in the direction of the car with a big orange ball on the antenna, because Lord knows we won't remember where we parked it. :)

3 comments:

  1. I love this post! I am so blessed to have you and Len-ard as my friends. I LOVE your randomness! You make me smile! I love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww!! Thank you so much Barb! You are so sweet! And Len-ard and I are SO blessed to have you as our friend! Glad I could make you smile! We love you too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! You guys are too cute!!!Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete