Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Hypochondria, hardhats, and zombies

For those of you that know me well, know that I tend to be a bit of a hypo.  I always convince myself that I am dying from some new ailment, and WebMD is both my best friend and worst enemy.  Oh! A pain in my right nostril.  Must be a gremlin taking refuge in my sinus cavities.  A hangnail?  No, no.  Must be Leprosy.  I tend to be a bit irrational when it comes to life.  If there is even the slightest inkling that it's going to storm outside, chances are you will find me in my downstairs bathroom, donning a hardhat, clutching a Rosary in one hand and a flashlight in the other.  In other words, I don't handle crisis very well, even the ones that I make up in my very own sweet nugget of a noggin.  But there is one particular scenario that neither scares me nor sends me running to the bathroom, and that is the possibility of a zombie apocalypse. CNN did a feature not too long ago where scientists figured out the chances of a zombie apocalypse  actually happening.  Obviously the chances are slim-to-none, but they also said that it wasn't impossible.  Now,  instead of rushing off to CVS and picking up a years supply a face masks and hand sanitizer,  and calling up my husband in hysterics shouting that we are all doomed (you know.... a typical Monday),  I came up with grand plans if ever this apocalypse were to ever really occur.  I would happily slump through my neighborhood looking for brains, while 'Thriller' blasts from the boom box that I will have perched on my one shoulder.  This coming from the girl who has to tell herself that the angels are bowling every time there is a thunderstorm.  So, if a storm is a comin', you know where to find me.  And if a zombie apocalypse is to ever occur and you suddenly hear M.J. singing about 'thriller nights', and you see a particularly adorable zombie wearing a hardhat, just know it's only me. :)

2 comments:

  1. Jacob just came in with an injury from a brother-induced scissors accident. I was laughing so hard from this post, I couldn't give my child the tender loving care he needed. I think I'll have to have a signal of some kind to warn the children that mommy will not be capable of any reaction to their emergencies, other than laughing uncontrollably while reading your blog. Yes, we must warn the children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like a need a disclaimer/reminder as part of my header: Enjoy the blog! Please remind the kiddies to run with the pointy end down while using mommy's shears.
    I hope Jacob is okay! Glad I could make you laugh :)

    ReplyDelete