Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Spoons, trains and idears



When I was a wee-little nugget, I had a lot of dreams.  I wanted to own a toucan, I wanted to play the harp, I wanted to be one of the backup dancers/fake guitar players in all of the Robert Palmer videos, and I wanted to marry Ricky Schroder from 'Silver Spoons'. The boy was magical.  He lived in a mansion, got to ride around on a train all day, in his house, and he would say "idear" instead of simply "idea".  Oh, Ricky.  You and your speech impediment.  I thought it was endearing.  Adorable even.  I was bound and determined to marry Mr. Spoons, and to live in a mansion of our own.  With a train.  (Lets face it.  It was always about the train.)  But eventually I moved onto greener pastures when Joey MacIntyer came into the picture, and won me over with his amazing belt buckle-clutching dance moves.  So my question to you is, who was your pretend boyfriend when you were a little nugget? Did you share my passion for trains Ricky?  Share in the comments. :)

And for your viewing pleasure...

3 comments:

  1. Love it! Only I was going to marry him. He is much closer to my age:) I think they should be showing those reruns. That and The Facts of Life

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joey Mac was totally mine and you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angie-If you told me that twenty-five years about, I would've come at you full speed ahead for my love of all things Ricky. :) And I agree about the good reruns. I loved The Facts of Life!
    Brooke-I beg to differ. He was mine! All mine!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete