Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Pasta, potatoes, and everything in between

Now, I know the title to todays post sounds delicious, but the fact of the matter is, I'm not talking about my favorite side dishes, but rather nicknames.  In the grand scheme of things, not all that many people call me 'Kristina'.  A handful of good friends do, but my family has called me 'Krissie' since I was basically a zygote.  But then there are a whole slew of other nicknames that have either stuck throughout the years, or have been long forgotten.  When I was about 5 or 6, until I was a teenager,  my mom called me 'Pasta' because I loved pasta (still do).  She also called me 'Idaho' because I loved potatoes (duh).  Then there was 'The Keek', 'Keekee', and the one that stuck, 'Krissie'.  My dad called me 'Kris-a-doo', and *'Krissie-poo-poo'.  My husband has a handful of nicknames, and even our furry boys have nicknames.  Actually, I very rarely ever call them by their actual names.  Bentley is mostly referred to as Teeny, Boots, Zagaza, Turnip, Nugget, Nuggs, Midge, Pidge, and Shmuppin.  Barkley is called Biggie, The Big One,  Bigs, Polar Bear, Beast, Doodle, and Scrumptious Muffin.  Most of these sound nonsensical, but to me and Lenny, they make all the sense in the world.  But then again, most of them usually don't make sense.  Right, Monkey?  Haha.  You know who you are. (xo)  So, if you're brave and willing to share, tell me what your favorite/most embarrassing nickname is or was.
*'Krissie-poo-poo' is off limits.  Only a few select family members (and one friend...hi Jilly :)  have the permission to EVER call me that. So, don't make me regret sharing this delightful tidbit about random facts about moi.   :)

2 comments:

  1. My best friend and I in elementary school nicknamed each other Bubba & Buford. I was Bubba. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Penny, PennyT, Junior, Sissy, Sissy-lynn, Sis, Schmitty, Mrs. Vlad

    ReplyDelete