Total Pageviews

Saturday, June 18, 2011

A Ramona Quimby Kind of Day



Whenever it is grey and dreary outside, I always think to myself that it is a Ramona Quimby kind of day.  Now, let me explain what this means exactly.... When I was a kid in the 80's, my uncle bought me a copy of Ramona Quimby, Age 8, and I loved it.  I thought it was literary genius.  That, and I was totes jelly over the fact that Ramona had a big sister named Beezus (I remember thinking "Beezus" sounded so exotic).  Anywhoozle, the reason why after almost twenty-five years of reading the book that I think of it on dreary days, is because it always makes me think of cozy days when I was a kid, curled up on my red bean bag chair, reading about the adventures of Ramona.  It was during a time when wearing corduroy elastic band pants and  turtlenecks with rainbows on them was acceptable.  So even though I've traded in the teal colored cords and sneaks with the velcro straps, I can still curl up on a rainy day and remember the good old days.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment