Total Pageviews

Friday, July 22, 2011

These are my confessions....

No, this is not an ode to Usher, but rather random confessions of things that took me a while to realize.  Here it goes....
1) I used to think that when airplanes lost their engines, it meant that they literally fell off of the plane and plummeted down to earth.  I always wondered how they didn't end up killing someone down below, or caused mass destruction.  I won't even tell you how long it took me to figure out that it actually meant that a planes engine just stopped working.
2) I once saw a beautiful gaggle of albino geese flying high in the sky.  Haven't heard of an albino goose before?  Yeah, well that's probably because they were a flock of swans.  Um.  Yeah.
3) One time I was driving down Niagara Falls Boulevard with Lenny and we saw a fireman standing in the middle of the street holding a boot, and I giddily exclaimed to Lenny, "Oh my goodness!  That man lost his boot in the middle of the street!  I wonder where the other one is?!"  Never mind the fact that there was a group of firemen lining the streets taking a collection.  Which they collected in their boot. (This was right after 9/11).
4) As I was driving down the thruway not too long ago I saw a billboard that said "HIRE ME!", proceeded by a number to call.  My first thought was, "Omg...that's brilliant!  What a way to advertise yourself for a job!"  My second thought was, "Geez, that must be super expensive to do.  They should just post their resume on Monster.com."  And thought number three, which finally sunk in many moons later, "Oh.  I get it.  It's a billboard for people that are interested in advertising."  Whoops.
Because I am secure in my randomness, I figured I would share away.  Now, don't leave me standing here all alone.  Did you ever have a "DUH?" moment?  And don't you fret my pet.  I have plenty more where that came from.  I'm just saving them for another day.  And for the record, I don't like to think of these thoughts as stupidity, but just me thinking outside of the box.  Way, way, wayyyyyy outside of the box. :)

2 comments:

  1. It took me YEARS to "get" the title "Sister Act 2:Back in the Habit"...years...see...it's a play on words because habit means two things! I'm silly...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha!!! I love it :0)
    Oh! I thought of another one! When I lived in Maryland they had a Chick Fil-A chain, and it took me MONTHS to realize that it was pronounced "chick filet", NOT chick FILL AH. I kept looking at it and thinking to myself, "I just don't get it..."

    ReplyDelete