Total Pageviews

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Smooth moves and table tops

After yesterdays post about bosoms, I couldn't help but think back to my childhood and think of other random stories about Yours Truly.  You see, I am an only child, so while growing up I had a lot of "me" time, and had to figure out ways to keep myself entertained.  I would often play with Barbie's, color in coloring books, and dance on the top of my grandparents picnic table.  My grandparents had a bright green picnic table that was placed in our backyard, and when I thought I was alone I would climb atop the table, sing at the top of my lungs, and do the shimmy.  I was a dancer, and the picnic table was my stage.  I had moves that would've made Fred Astaire weep with pride.  I had moves that made my mom and my grandmother weep from laughter.  My grandfather, on the other hand, was apparently horrified by my magnificent moves, having fears that his granddaughter would grow up to be an entertainer.  That would dance on tables.  :)  You see, all the while I was happily displaying spirit fingers and kicking high into the air, my family was watching me from the family room window, simply observing my antics.
Flash forward twenty-something years later, and even though I've got the magic in me, and am a dancing fool, I have retired my table dancing ways (much to my grandpa's relief).
I leave you with a clip of the 1920's dance version of the shimmy.  My moves mostly resembled that of the dancing lady in sparkles.  Enjoy :)

2 comments:

  1. I love the part where the sparkle lady is dancing and slapping her bottom :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bwhahahaha! I can't lie... it was probably part of my routine. :)

    ReplyDelete