Total Pageviews

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Devil Fingers

I have already posted a small list about things that give me the hee-bee-gee-bees, but there is one thing that I have not yet mentioned, and that my dear friends, are devil fingers.  What are devil fingers, you might ask?  Well, let me paint you a little picture.  One day as I was driving along with my husband, I noticed something slicing through the air that made me cringe, throw my hands over my eyes, and exclaimed, "DEVIL FINGERS!!!!" in ridiculous terror.  Devil fingers are simply..... wait for it.... wind turbines.  Just when you thought I couldn't top myself in the crazy department, huh?  Where did this irrational fear stem from?  No, I did not eat lead paint as a child.  This one I blame solely on my husband. :)  You see, once upon a time Leonard used to play this awful video game called 'Silent Hill', and I would sit and watch him play because I thought it was creepy and scary.  In other words, I apparently loved giving myself nightmares.  Anywhoozle.... there are multiple bad guys in the game, but there is one freakneak in particular that carried around a large blade that resembled a blade from a wind turbine, and it simply scared the crap out of me.
So fast forward to our scenic tour of fields and wind turbines, and when I saw them it reminded me of the game.  They look like devil fingers.  As in they would come alive if you got too close, and slash you into little pieces.  Come on.  Tell me I'm wrong.  Just LOOK at them.  They look like long creepy fingernails attached to a steely arm.
And THIS is the Silent Hill dude that made me just a touch more crazy:
So consider this reason number 692 of why I am a bit of a nutjob, but quite honestly these are the random thoughts that make me, well, me.  So the next time you are driving past a field and there is a smattering of wind turbines, just know that at night they do come alive, and they will come after you with their long, scary devil fingers.
The end. :)

2 comments:

  1. Did you ever see the movie "Silent Hill"? Talk about scary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yuppers! I had to see it because even though the game freaked me out, I wanted to see how the movie turned out. Just as freaky! It's like a nightmare.

    ReplyDelete