Total Pageviews

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Cross my heart

When I was a kid, I was a bit obnoxious.  Surprising, I know.  I remember being about six or seven and shopping in the AM&A's basement with my mom and auntie, and I would always, always, make a bee-line for the super duper, extra large, enormously huge, shockingly white, over the shoulder boulder holders. Without fail.  While my mom and aunt would be perusing the racks, I was adorning my own. Oh yes, I would strap on the triple H contraption (over my Strawberry Shortcake tee, of course), and casually walk around the department store until I was noticed by my mother.  Once they finally caught a glimpse of my new attire (it never took long), my mom would try to coerce me to put the gigantic bra back (in between snorts of laughter), and my aunt would just encourage me even more, by shuffling me back to the bra section, trying to find an even bigger one.  It was hard to be discouraged from continuing this random act of obnoxiousness, when I was being encouraged with the laughter of my dear old mummsie, and my auntie.  I think I finally stopped this part of my shopping routine when I was about nine, and moved on to greener pastures (and less embarrassing ones), like trying on the largest and most ridiculous hat I could find, and trying to convince my mom that I really do need a magenta hat with the feather, bow, and netting strewn across my face.
Now that I'm an adult I wouldn't dare display this kind of behavior while shopping (except for the hat part.  I always try on large hats, because who could resist  a hat that resembles the rear end of a peacock? Not this lady, that's who), but every time I walk past the "delicates" section of a department store, I can't help but get a warm and fuzzy feeling, and smile to myself about the hijinks that I would pull as a kid. :)
So, were you a little weirdo like me when you were a peanut?  What did you find hilarious when you were a kid?  Drop me comment. :)

2 comments:

  1. I remember trying on the hats even when we were older (possibly teenagers). It's always fun to try on the super cool stuff. I remember going shopping once and my friend tried on a one piece denim outfit. It was pants and I believe sleeveless. Very entertaining :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA! How could I forget! You were always my partner in crime when it came to displaying our fashion sense in public!

    ReplyDelete