Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Sneaks and stilettos

If you were to ever peruse my closet you would probably first notice that my wardrobe is ROY G. BIV'd out, going from summer to winter, and then you would probably stop looking because it's fairly boring.  My weekend attire usually consists of jeans, a tee-shirt, and sneaks.  In other words, I generally dress fairly casual, but deep down inside I love all things that are frilly, glittery and fabulous.  When I was a teenager I would pour over magazines like Vogue, dreaming of wearing all things poofy.  Flash forward a decade later, and poofy dreams have been replaced with glamorous things like paying the mortgage, and remembering to take the car in for an oil change (ie: real life)  Now every once in a while I will step out of my comfort zone of tee-shirts and hoodies, and splurge on a cardigan or shirt that has frills, sequins, or poofs.  If I'm really feeling adventurous it will sport all three.  The more it resembles a cupcake, the better.  To give you an idea(r) about the things that make me mutter "hello, lov-ah" a-la Carrie Bradshaw, I've included a few pictures.  These are items that I will never own, but are still fun to oggle over.
If I ever win the lottery, I plan on meeting Elie Saab, and having him design my lounge wear, that I plan on wearing around the house.  I need to look classy while I sit on my chaise lounge while I am fanned with palm fronds.  These are a few of his cupcakey, beautiful creations :)
And then there's the shoes.... You can't forget the shoes...
Miu Miu Mary Janes.  Just click your heels three times.


Loubouton for Rodarte.  It's a practical shoe.  One part glamour, one part weapon. :)
So the next time you see me sportin' my Chucks and a white tee-shirt (that probably has coffee stains on it), just know that on the inside I am rocking a frilly gown and shoes that I would probably snap an ankle in. :)

*Photos courtesy of "Cupcakes and Cashmere" and "Elle.com"

No comments:

Post a Comment