Total Pageviews

Friday, July 8, 2011

Gettin' nailed

What?  I'm talking about getting my nails done.  I loooooove painting my nails different colors and styles.  They might be bright pink, yellow with metallic crackle paint, or my newest "give it a whirl nail jobaroo" newspaper print.  Seen here :)

It doesn't matter if I'm having a fat day.  It doesn't matter if I'm feeling extra muffin toppy, or that my bicep might continue to wave long after my hand has stopped.  My nail size isn't ever going to change.  I never ask Leonard, "Does this polish make me look fat?"  It's a one size fits all, fit for people that are shaped like apples, pears, and fruit baskets alike.  Kind of refreshing.  My talons of delight can reflect my mood, or even change it.  Sounds silly, I know.  But every once in a while if I glance down at my lady fingers and see that they look all sparkly and fun, it puts a smile on my face.  Something as simple as nail polish can be a bit of a happy boost.  What makes you feel all sparkly and new?  Hats? Sunglasses? A pair of jeggins?  A unitard, perhaps?  Let me know what makes you feel oh so pretty. :)

1 comment:

  1. I feel the same way about shoes, handbags, makeup and jewelry!!

    ReplyDelete