Total Pageviews

Monday, July 25, 2011

Kristina & Tiara's

This post is not dedicated to that hot mess of a reality show called 'Toddler's and Tiara's', because I think it's gross for a four year old to resemble a Hooters Girl that wears way more make up.  Instead this post is going to focus on my love of tiara's.  I love them.  A lot.  If you ever hear me complain about a stiff neck, it's probably because I wore my three footer around the house again (cleaning toilets has never been more fun.  Or classy.)  I believe my love for sparkly jewels adorning my gigantic head came into play when my mom bought me the Princess Diana paper doll book.  In that book they saved the best paper cut-out for the last.  It was a paper replica of the tiara that Di wore on her big day, marrying the hobbit.  I ever so carefully tore the crown out along the perforated line, and then carefully placed it on my head, vowing to myself that I would someday own a real crown.  So I did what any normal child would do.  I wrote letters to the tooth fairy telling her that she could save her money.  I wanted the good stuff.  I wanted a crown straight from the fairy diamond mines.  After many years, (it was probably more like a month, but when you're a kid and you want something bad enough, time stands still), I received a beautiful "diamond" ring in my tooth fairy pillow with a note from the tooth snatcher.  The note pretty much read as follows, "The ring is easier to fit into the pillow pocket.  Sorry kid."  I kid, I kid.  The note was much for eloquent than that, but after I got the ring I stopped trying to pull out random grown up teeth from my head writing to the tooth fairy.  I later learned that the tooth fairy was *gasp* my mother, who had called or gone into every party planning place, costume department store, and costume jewelry store in all of WNY, and still could not find one.
As luck would have it, when I got to be a teenager, tiara's suddenly were popping up in places like 'Claires'.  My dream was becoming a reality!  I could finally own a tiara and wear one around the house with pride!  I wore a tiara to my prom.  I even wore one on my wedding day.  And as I divulged to you earlier, I wear one while I clean the house.  If I go into a department store and they have a stack of crowns, you can bet your bottom dollar that my eyes will turn into large saucers and I will plop one down on my head.  Possibly twirl.  Definitely snap a picture or two (*See below).
Tiara's will always hold a special place in my heart.  And don't even get me going about feather boa's and letters to the Easter Bunny..... :)

4 comments:

  1. That is a lovely photograph! You truly look like a princess :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why thank you! I believe another princess that resembled the one from Never Ending Story took the picture. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did I ever show you my tiara from my Raspberry Princess days? Perhaps I should bring it along on our date...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um, no you did not! And YES I would love to wear it! I mean see it! :0)

    ReplyDelete