Total Pageviews

Monday, August 15, 2011

Steppin' on my soapbox

Alright.  Today I am just going to let 'er rip.  No, I didn't indulge in too much dairy, I mean I am going to rage and complain about the things that make me go *ROAR*.  Now, oftentimes I bring on the aggravation myself.  You see, I am a celebrity gossip website fiend.  I usually relax by going to my favorite website to catch up on all of the celebrity dirt, but within 8.9 seconds I find myself in an uproar mumbling either, "what a douche" or "you've got to be kidding me".  I get pissed over the fact that people are taking time out of their day to write about the train wreck of a hot mess that is Lindsay Lohan, or the incompetent poofed disaster idiot that goes by the name of Snooki, who didn't know that Montana was a state.  SERIOUSLY?  Seriously.  Now, you must be thinking to yourself right about now, "Well Kristina, if you hate reading about them so much, then why do you bother going to those sites?"  The answer is, I just can't help myself.  It's a mix of wanting to feel smarter and classier, to really just wanting to rile myself up about the jerks of this world who take away the light from real issues like war, starvation, and civil rights.  It makes me SO MAD when I hear about someone who has become a celebrity simply for the reason of them utilizing the Bump It, has an affinity for pickles, and wears furry moon boots in the middle of summer.  And then this person who shall remain nameless (because ten bucks says you already know who I'm talking about), goes on to become a NY Times best selling author when they have more knowledge about which tanning booth is the best, rather than knowing that a state is in fact a state.  And then there is the other handful of winners who treat rehab and being thrown in the clink like a joke,  those that are famous because they made a "special tape" where they showed off their triangle in night vision, and reality shows about women who are "Bad Girls" and get enjoyment out of tearing out each others weaves, and turning a tube top into a complete ensemble.  ARRRGGGHHHH.  It just makes me so mad, because these are the type of people that kids are looking up to.   It would be amazing to reach the masses and tell them that it's okay to have an education and to *gasp* actually use your brain, that you don't have to show off your triangle to get people's attention, and that if you are ever actually blessed with holding millions of peoples attention that you should give back to other people, instead of showcasing your abs and demonstrating how they glisten in the sunlight.  I really hope that our society doesn't turn into one that becomes obsessed with those that are so completely vapid and self-centered, even though I think we're already there.  Now, the question is, am I contributing to this problem because I visit sites like Perez (who I would love to meet just to tell him what a large hypocritical imbecile he is),  or is this just simply the world that we live in today?  How can it be changed?  Can it be?  Am I just a big, fat hypocrite because I actually have knowledge about the people that I basically just bashed?  What do you think?  Does today's "celebrity standard", and the things that our media glorifies bother you?  Let me know in the comments if you'd like, because I really would love to know what other people think.  And I'm sorry that today's post isn't HA-HA (you know, like usual ;) but it's just what was on my mind today.
I need to go take a breather.  Hope you all have a glorious day. *Fist bump to the people. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment