Total Pageviews

Friday, August 26, 2011

Inspiration and fruit in a hammock

I have to admit, I get the ideas for some of my material through day-to-day conversations with friends and family.  I love it when people can acknowledge the ridiculousness in life, and aren't afraid to laugh about it.  Chances are, if you are a friend of mine, it's more than likely because #1: you are funny #2: you know how to take a joke, and #3: you can find the humor about the fantastic. Like stirrup pants.
Just the other day a friend had suggested that I should write about men who wear Speedos, and I thought, "Money!!"  No, not dollars and cents, but HA! What a priceless piece that could be.  You see, I absolutely, positively LOVE banana hammocks.  Love. Them.  If they are neon colored fruit slings, then I love them all the more. I mean, who needs mystery?  Who appreciates modesty?  Not this girl.   Now, the real kicker is, the ones that are always wearing their glistening t-backs with pride, are always the ones that are sporting a one-pack, have a case of rectangle arse, and are already collecting their Social Security.  A while back I had the opportunity to spend some time on Orient Beach in St. Maarten, and let me tell you, it was bananas and pajamas hammocks galore.  I think my favorite one was an elderly, portly fellow who was all nestled up in an orange sherbet colored whale tale, that was frolicking in the waves.  I mean, what better sight is there to see than a senior citizen dancing in the surf while wearing his spandex underpants for the whole world to see?  So the next time you have to go shopping with your fella (or you are the fella that needs a new pair of ocean-wear), bypass the board shorts and head straight for the nanner hammocks. Just make sure you get it in day-glow. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment