Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 4, 2011

H2Oh-no-you-didn't

Here is the God's honest truth, if I find an opportunity to act like I'm twelve, well, then I seize the day.  Carpe Diem.  Or in my case, carpe shower.  Let me clarify.  You see, Leonard and I have been married for a handful of years now, and there are certain things that will never get old.  Hugs.  Kisses.  Forgetting where we parked the car.  And tossing ice cold water onto the other unsuspecting person while they are in the shower.  I take total and absolute credit for this little doozey, because I'm the one that started this awful surprise.  This is another childhood trait that I decided needed to be resurrected because of the sheer brilliance of it. When I was a kid I would fill up my dinosaur glass cup with freezing cold water, sneak into the bathroom, and then toss it over the shower curtain where my mother was completely unsuspecting.  She would shriek and yell, "Krissie!!!!", and I would dart out of the bathroom like a bat out of hell, laughing hysterically thinking that I was so crafty.  Now, fast forward about twenty-five years, and I still do it.  Except this time it's my husband, who instead of just yelling at me, he gets me back.  Let's take the other day for example.  He was taking a shower and I had too much time on my hands.  So as he's chatting away about lord knows what, the wheels in the old bean were turning so I carpe showered.  I muttered a few, "Uh-huhs", and some, "Oh reallys", to make it seem like I wasn't up to something suspect.  When I knew he would be taking at least the next thirty seconds to tell me all about how he wants to update his short jort collection, I flew like a gazelle into the kitchen, grabbed a gigantic plastic cup, and filled it with water that would have put the Arctic Ocean to shame.  Right when he was about to tell me the importance of having exposed pockets along the bottom fray of your jorts, I ever so cleverly pulled back the shower curtain just a tad, and threw him a cool beverage.  Right in the kisser.  I don't know what my favorite part was.  The look of sheer shock on his face, or how I could actually see the wheels beginning to spin in his own bean, about how he was going to get me back.  Of course, this precious moment is promptly followed by him yelling at me about how immature I am, and me doing the silent laugh because I'm laughing so hard no sound is coming out.  Now, lets fast forward again to today, where he got me back.  Was I suspecting a frosty cup of water to come hurtling over the shower curtain?  Yes.  Did I still cling to the side of the wall like my life depended on it?  Absolutely.  Did I find a new and innovative way of getting him back?  You're darn tootin.  After I was all gussied up and had shiny hair (cold water tends to shock the old hair follicles and makes them glisten), Leonard jumped on into the shower.  Every few minutes he kept peeking out of the curtain to see if I had a water jug, canteen, or bucket of some sort.  But I didn't, and I had zero intention of doing it either.  So instead of giving him the expected, I stole all of the towels in the bathroom instead.  Even the wash cloths, because I knew he would try to use those to dry off, and I wasn't about to give him the opportunity.  So you see, even though I am technically an adult, I try not to act like one too often.  And as far as my husband is concerned, he already knows that if you mess with the bull, you're going to get the horns.  Or in my case, you'll get a refreshing icy beverage tossed in your kisser, and then be left with toilet paper squares to towel off. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment