Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 21, 2012

YOU'RE an idiot; Here's YOUR sign

I realize upon reflection that between my last post griping about people who can't drive, and today's post, I kind of sound like a crotchety old man.  It's like I'm somehow morphing into Andy Rooney, the quintessential old fart that would have a whole entire segment on 60 Minutes, where he could b*tch about anything that he wanted.  Lucky b@stard.  So even though I don't resemble the old man from the movie Up, and I am not, in fact, an old man, I'm still going to complain anyways. :)
People who do not use the correct form of "your", "you're", "there", "their", or "they're", drive me iNsAnE.  Without fail, everyday when I peruse Facebook, I always, always, ALWAYS see people misuse those above mentioned words incorrectly.  THEY ARE GROWN UPS.  And as far as I know, fairly intelligent people.  I mean, COME ON!!!!  It's not. that. hard.  And I will not accept the excuse of, it's faster to type out "your".  Really?  Really.  Adding in an apostrophe and an extra letter really takes that much time out of your day?  Really.  Now I KNOW I am far from perfect.  I have gone back and looked at some of my entries and have found numerous mistakes, but still. Come. On.
Quick lesson:  You're= You ARE.  Example of the word being used correctly:  You're really annoying me when you use the word "you're" incorrectly.  I'm pretty sure a piece of my soul dies every time you use it incorrectly.
Your=Your; As in, showing ownership of something.  Example:  I think we should get a mini horse for YOUR birthday.
I know it's not the end of the world when someone is grammatically deficient, but still, it drives me bonkers. And honestly, it's not that hard of a rule.
*phew*  Okay.  I suppose that's enough of a b*tch fest.  I'm going to go see how I can get my own nationally syndicated show where I can complain about anything that I want to, all while I drink copious amounts of sangria. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment